Pages


Thursday, March 8, 2012

The Little things in life.

Chris has been traveling a lot for work lately, and it makes it difficult to be the one left at home to keep things running. I don't want to sound like I'm complaining because I know he enjoys feeling more needed in his department and somewhat enjoys the travel aspect for it gets him out of the same boring routine.

I was worried about how the girls would deal with Chris being gone. Lexi, being the little grown-up she is, didn't seem to be bothered. Brenna, on the other hand, struggled the whole first week. She wouldn't go to sleep and would cry in my lap about how much she missed her daddy. She would ask questions like "Is Daddy ever coming back?" and I would try to console her with the number of days until he would be back.

Chris has taken 2 more trips since then, and we have slowly gotten used to it. We talk every night and I feel like I always tell him about the big things of the day, but easily forget all the cute little things the girls say. Those are the things I want to remember.

Brenna: "Mommy, I guarded my Squinkees from Dawson like you told me to. I didn't let you down."



Lexi: "Stephen is my new bff. He wrote me a note today asking me to play with him during 2 bell. (Pause as she looks at me) I know what you want to say."

Me: "What do I want to say?"

Lexi: "You want to ask if he's my boyfriend."

Me: "Well, is he?"

Lexi: (eye roll) "Mother, you're embarrassing me."




Brenna: "When I get older, can I marry Daddy?"

Me: "No, because I'm already married to Daddy."

Brenna: (Starting to Cry) "But that's not fair you get to marry him and I don't."

No comments:

Post a Comment