Pages


Friday, March 30, 2012

Storms!

Last night was one of the first storms of Spring 2012. Of course, the lightning and thunder had to start at precisely 8:20.....right when the girls were trying to go to sleep. I tried to calm them down two-three times in their rooms. But when I walked into Lexi's room and saw her sitting on her bed rocking back and forth with her blanket over her ears, I knew it was a hopeless cause.

So I told the girls they could go sleep together in my bedroom until Chris and I were ready for bed. They jumped out of their beds and ran as quickly as possible to the bedroom.

But within a minute or so, I quickly realized this wasn't going to be enough. They both looked at me with these sad eyes telling me I had no choice but to crawl in bed with them.

After I settled in with them, they both draped their arms over me. One tidbit of information about me: I HATE to be touched when I'm trying to go to sleep. So I laid there a long time.........long time.... before I got even close to getting some sleep. Right before I drifted off, Bren whispers to me: "Thank you. You saved me." Then, she wraps her arms just a little tighter around me and falls asleep.

I know I don't know everything about parenting and I doubt I ever will, but here are a few things I got from last night:

1. My kids hate storms.
2. Regardless of how old they are, kids like to be close to their parents during storms.
3. Moms need to get over the "being touched while sleeping" thing and hold their kids close during those storms. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment