Pages


Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Good Morning, Mama!

As a parent, the BEST moments of the day are first thing in the morning. Now, I don't like being woke up before my alarm any more than the typical person. But my kids are the happiest those first few minutes and I have to take every opportunity I can. Take this morning for example:

Bren came into the bedroom about 10 minutes after my alarm went off (it was REALLY hard to get up this morning!). Usually I get a 'Morning, Mama' or something to that effect. But this morning, nothing! She climbed into my bed, wrapped her blanket over her face, and pulled the covers over her head. I waited 5 minutes.....nothing. I thought she had already fallen back asleep.

Right as I'm ready to get up, I hear her say, "Wait for it.....Wait for it....."
Then...."Surprise...Good Morning, Mama!" After that, she breaks out into the most infectious giggle ever! Once we've both stopped laughing, she tells me, "Now it is your turn. Do it just like I did. I'm going to the bathroom and you better be hiding when I get back."

So being the good mom (and wanting to avoid getting ready for work at all costs), I hid under the covers even though we both know anyone is going to notice a 'lump' my size under the covers. But she comes out of the bathroom and quickly plays along. "Where's Mama? Oh, she must of left already......

I wait until she is crawling into the bed before I pounce. Even though she knew I was there, the surprise in her face was priceless. :-)


Co-workers: I just wanted to let you know I didn't shower this morning (I did last night though!)... why do you ask? Because I was too busy this morning spending those precious moments with my daughter. Moments that won't be around for ever. Moments that are worth way more than that 15 minute shower. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment