Pages


Monday, April 30, 2012

"I'm a Married Single Mom": Lexi's first Game

When I started this blog, I wanted to use it as a way to remember what had happened and let Chris's brother and other family members know what The Seidl's were up to. Little did I know that less than a year later, I would be using it to keep Chris in the know on what the rest of the family is up to. :-)

For those of you who haven't heard, Chris has recently started traveling for his job--heading out to the Quad Cities for the week and back home for the all-too-short weekend. It isn't easy, but we make it work. I think that in the end, we appreciate each other more because we realize how precious our few days with each other are. I read an article today in a magazine called "I'm a Married Single Mom" and I thought she put it perfectly. "Is this situation perfect? No, but we make the best out of it. We're still happy. We're still together...just maybe not as much as we'd like to be."

So...this is for you, Chris.

Monday, April 30th: Brenna woke up with a horrible cough, so I decided to keep her home. After a few hours of stressing between getting lesson plans ready and getting Lexi off to school. We went to the doctor, got some Amoxicillin, and POOF! Bren was magically better! So we played games all afternoon.

Lexi had her first softball game tonight. She played 3rd base, short stop, right field, and pitcher. She hit pretty well (see below). Of course, Bren's cough came back once the game started, so I didn't get all the pictures I would have liked. But here Lexi in action:

She's Ready!

 Tough Batter!
 Fielding the ball!
 Cleaning out the batter's box--good girl!

And here she is in action!

No comments:

Post a Comment