Pages


Sunday, July 15, 2012

Day 6: Happy 4th of July

So, here I am...two weeks after our vacation and I haven't finished the blog. Typical Jacque. But I am going to get it done now because I want to remember our trip...all of it. We started the Fourth of July off by finding out there were no fireworks due to the lack of rain.
 So we decided to head up to Belle Fouche for their annual 4th of July parade.


Enjoying the Parade!

Lex showing off her goodies!

After the parade, we continued driving west to Devil's tower...in Wyoming! Crazy how this trip took us across the entire state of South Dakota!

I can't remember the name of this little town, but it look like it was straight out of the wild wild west.


Devil's tower

The girls worked on their photography skills

My little rock climbers

My little rock climbers after too much parade candy

Pretty cool. We got to see 2 groups trying to climb the tower. We found one man who was with one of the groups just watching. He had been sitting there for 3 hours and they had barely made it 1/4 of the way up. I guess he had quite a lot of wait time left!

We enjoyed watching all the prairie dog villages

The girls and I by a big rock :-)

Bren playing on a log---it was a 1.4 mile hike around the tower .....so we tried to break it up so it wasn't too much walking. 

So no fireworks on the fourth...it was a first for us. We did get to be neighbors to a couple from Canada that night. We had drinks and talked well into the night. They were hilarious...and it was fun to find out the similarities/differences between the two places. Fun fact: The two things that are "smuggled" over the boarder back to Canada are....beer and dairy products. A case of beer costs them around $50 in Canada. They had their camper filled with beer---I think they bought WalMart out! I told Chris he could never afford to live in Canada! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment