Pages


Sunday, July 15, 2012

Day 7: Laura Ingall Wilder Day!



Our last day of the trip was probably the highlight of the trip for me! I read the Laura Ingalls Wilder books when I was little and have always wanted to go over to De Smet to her house. But it was always too far out of the way on our trips to Grandmas in Minnesota.

Luckily, I have a husband who loves his wife enough to take her there. The girls and I have been reading the books together as well so this was as equally exciting for them!

"This is like Laura's wagon!"

pumping water from the well

Pretty proud of their muscles!

Washing clothes by hand.....A lot more work!

Alexa showing Bren what clothes pins are for!

This great tour guide really explained the life of a pioneer to the girls. They were intrigued.

In another wagon!

The girls got to help drive the horses to the school.

My little pioneer girls. Bren wasn't digging the hat.


Great experience!
After a long day,we spent one more night camping at Lake Thompson. Beautiful lake and scenery. We got up early the next morning and finished the drive home! What a great family vacation! I am so grateful for all the memories we made! Already planning our trip for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment